Full Text Search is an important feature in MySQL. Many large web sites use Full Text Search to search thru the content (texts, titles, names and etc) stored in MySQL database. MySQL 5.1 delivers new feature: custom parsers for Full Text Search, which will allow to customize search applications. Other search solutions can be integrated with MySQL using another new feature of MySQL 5.1: custom plug-ins.
From this presentation you will know:
1. What are the new features in MySQL 5.1 Full Text Search
2. How to tune MySQL Full Text Search for maximum performance
3. How to perform a Full Text Search with automatic typos correction
4. How to integrate MySQL with external search engines (i.e. Sphinx Search)
5. How to search thru Russian (morphology) and Japanese (n-grams) texts
6. How to create your own parser for MySQL 5.1 Full Text Search
Alexander Rubin is a Principle MySQL Consultant Oracle. Alexander has over 10 years industry experience with the MySQL database, and specializes in performance tuning, full text search, high availability and the scale-out of database infrastructures.
View a complete list of MySQL contacts.